Monday, March 23, 2009

Zoo Animal Cookies






Stevens First Grade Field trip is coming up on Thursday. I thought it would be fun to make Zoo shaped animal cookies for him to take into class. Amanda Lily and I have been working on them this morning. She is so precious. She knows they are for Steven's class, and she still has no problem working hard on them. (Of course, we made a couple heart shaped ones for her to eat as well.) Anyhow, since my blog is morphing into recipes and cooking advice, I thought I would share this super simple recipe I use for the cookies.

Vanilla Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugar, add egg and mix. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Refrigerate batched dough for at least 2 hours. Roll out dough in batches, working quickly so that it doesn't become sticky. Also, be sure to dust your surface with flour prior to rolling dough out.

Cut into animal shapes. (I got mine at Joann's) Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. I only baked mine for 5 minutes because the animal cookie cutters are mini's, so adjust time in oven according to size of cookie.


One word of caution, remember to work quickly with the cookie dough or it will stick.



No comments: