Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mia's Bolognese Pasta

One December afternoon, Amanda Lily had her friend Mia over for a fun sleepover. I made a yummy bolognese sauce to put over pasta for their dinner. I call this dish "Mia's" because anytime I've made it in the past, she eats two servings. The child loves it, and I love it that she does because not only is she a vegetarian, she also has a picky pallete. She would never in a million years tell me that she doesn't like something I make, but I can tell the things she really enjoys, and this dish is one of them.

Bolognese over Pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 tsp cilantro
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup red wine (lambrusco is best)
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesean cheese
a few turns of pepper mill
pinch of sea salt

Saute' onion and garlic. Add marinara sauce, spices, wine, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, and turn heat to low. Stir in cream, parmesean, salt, and pepper. Allow sauce to simmer for at least 15 mins before pouring over your favorite pasta to enjoy.

The next morning, the girls had some fun putting together Gingerbread houses. Here are their creations....











No comments: