Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall Cider Bar

This past week I've been opening the windows letting the house "air out." One morning around 6:15am, while taking the dogs outside, I was taken by surprise because it was so nice out. I actually thought it was a little on the chilly side. Fall is in the air! I'm posting this cider recipe to have on hand for ease of access this season. Maybe you can use it too.

APPLE CIDER
1 64oz bottle apple cider
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp whole allspice
1 tsp whole cloves
half of an orange, sliced
half an apple, sliced
*you can substitute ground spices if you do not have whole

In a slow cooker, combine apple cider, cinnamon sticks, sliced orange, and sliced apple. Wrap whole allspice and whole cloves in a cheesecloth or use a spice ball, and add to the pot.(If you don't have cheesecloth on hand, use a coffee filter, and tie together with twine.) Warm over high heat, then turn to low to keep warm. Serve in glass cups with cinnamon stick. For adults who enjoy an extra kick, add a shot of spiced rum or goldschlager to their glass.


Also, check out this link from one of the blogs I follow. What an awesome idea! It's my year to host Thanksgiving, and I see this cider bar on my buffet table!!! She is so creative.

click this linkMaddycakes Muse: Rustic Fall Cider Bar

No comments: