Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween and Oreo Trifle

I'm going to do this post in pictures. I feel like I've used hours already trying to catch my blog up, and haven't even made it past Halloween. So, here is this year's Halloween in pictures with brief descriptions. Also, a delicious recipe for Oreo Trifle that we took to a friends Halloween party/Hayride. Here goes nothing:

Oreo Trifle
1 pan of brownies (9 x 13)
1 small box of chocolate pudding
1/2 cup water
1 can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz cool whip
12 oz cool whip
18 oreos, crumbled
6 oreos for garnish, crumbled

Bake brownies and cool completely. Chop into bite sized pieces.
Combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth. Fold in 8 oz of cool whip until there are no streaks. Crumble 18 oreos and set aside. I use my muddle to get the consistency I like.

In a trifle bowl, layer half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture, half of the oreos, and half of the cool whip. Repeat. Garnish the top with 6 crumbled oreos.

I really wanted to use those seasonal black and orange oreos they stock during October, but when I went to get them, they were all sold out. So, note to self, next year buy them early and put them away!

I also, printed this fun spooky label off line, and tied it around the trifle bowl with bakers twine. I think it's the little things that make homemade treats special!


We took these layers of deliciousness to our school friends Halloween party/Hayride. It was a huge hit, and I came home with an empty trifle bowl.

The kiddos wanted to free hand their pumpkins this year. Steven's was a classic Jack O Lantern, while Amanda Lily's was a kitty cat. G did a Bucs flag, and I spray painted mine gold in my favorite trend....chevron.


Costume day at ballet.

Our Greek Goddess.

Our future Astronaut.

And finally, our not so amused Golden Retriever as a Princess.

Trick or Treat was a hoot this year, lots of treats and a few tricks.

Check out Steven's face as this neighborhood Zombie approaches...LOL

Hope you had as Frightfully Fun a Halloween as we did!






No comments: