Friday, November 23, 2012

Pineapple Cranberry Sauce

I've almost done it!!!! (Caught up my blog that is) My next few posts are moving into Christmas, yay!
This year I found one of the best recipes for Cranberry Sauce that my family has ever tried. This recipe is flat easy, and such a yum addition to turkey or ham. I even used it as a spread on sandwiches after the holiday, and had extra to freeze. This recipe makes a boatload, so be prepared to store some for future use.

These pictures are from when we chose our Christmas Tree. This is a tradition we do every year as a family, on Thanksgiving. Either before or after the big feast.

PINEAPPLE CRANBERRY SAUCE
1 fresh pineapple, finely chopped
(or 1 15 oz can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved)
1 15 oz can cranberry sauce
1 6 oz box cranberry or cherry gelatin
1 1/2 cup pineapple juice ( you only need this ingredient if using fresh pineapple)

Put cranberry sauce in a bowl and mash. Heat 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice to almost boiling. Dissolve the gelatin in the pineapple juice. Put jello mixture in cranberry sauce and stir well, being sure to get out any lumps. Add pineapple, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Freeze any leftovers for up to 6 months.



These next shots are from when we chose the tree. I love the kids happy faces and sweet expressions.









No comments: