Thursday, March 24, 2011

Roasted Rosemary Chicken

I just realized that I don't have a few of my go to recipes listed on the sidebar of my blog. I need to get them posted, because I like using my blog instead of trying to remember which cookbook the recipe I need is in. (I have a vast collection of cookbooks that I LOVE)

One of our families very favorite is Rosemary Chicken. I remember making it while we were in Greece last summer, and George walking in the front door saying "smells like I'm home" It really is so very fragrant while cooking, and it's pretty much the only way I cook chicken, so this recipe is made often in the Kountanis home. Who can resist baked chicken?

Ingredients
Chicken legs and thighs (enough for your family)
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
1 lemon
2 TBSP olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 Fresh rosemary springs, or a few pinches dried rosemary

Directions
Preheat oven to 425. Put chicken into dish in one layer, do not overcrowd. Cut lemon in half and squeeze out the juice over the chicken, then pour the oil over the top so the skin is evenly coated in liquid. Lightly pull up skin of chicken and stuff a couple slices of garlic under skin. Be careful not to tear skin, and place back over chicken. Sprinkle with 4 pinches of Sea Salt, and grind pepper mill to your taste. (I use about 5 turns of the mill in all) Finally, set a sprig of rosemary on the top of each piece of chicken, or sprinkle dried rosemary. Roast in oven for about 30 mins. As the chicken cooks, it becomes a crispy golden brown, surrounded by a light brown cooking juice gravy.


No comments: