Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Great Steak

I have the easiest recipe for a wonderful grilled steak that I've been meaning to share. My father in law, who happens to know what he's talking about when it comes to food, taught me this long ago. He said "you don't need much when it comes to steak" The secret is to look for and pay for..... good meat. My personal fav is Fillet Mignon, George is a New York Strip guy. I happily pay for publix greenwise meat, because by the time you go to a restaurant and have "so so" steak, you could have bought the good stuff and prepared it yourself. I am super envious of you girls who live so close to The Fresh Market, because they have AWESOME red meat. So worth the $ in my opinion. The only steak I eat outside of our family is Charlie's Steak House, and that is reserved for special occasions only.
To prepare 4 steaks, mix the following in a bowl:

Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp coarse sea salt
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp oregano

"Paint" mixture onto each side of steak, and let steak rest at room temp for a few mins. Grill to your liking.

PS...the song in the background is SO BEAUTIFUL to me. although I don't personally relate now, I know everyone can at some point or another in their lives. Maybe past, present, or future. she has such a beautiful voice that it just speaks to me.

No comments: