Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day and Chocolate Fondue Recipe

Steven's class this year had a breakfast for Valentines Day. For Amanda Lily's class, I organized a make your own cupcake bar. I also had parents write their kids a "love letter" and send it in to class for the Teacher to read aloud. Ms Beirlein told me that the children got so excited to hear their letters telling them and their classmates how much they were loved and special to their family. The idea was very well received by the parents too! Many of them came up to me at the party to thank me for the idea. They told me how they got unexpectedly emotional while writing to their child.
I wasn't sure how the cupcake bar would turn out. I was thinking it may end up being one of those things that seems good on paper, but not so great once executed. It was a hit! Parents all chipped in on the frosting, sprinkles, milk, and decor. I made the cupcakes. The kids LOVED being able to personalize and eat up their cupcakes. My biggest fear was that we would end up with sprinkles everywhere, but the kids did great in keeping them contained to the cupcake table.

At home, we had Chocolate Fondue for dessert after dinner. It was a special treat that is now going to be a Valentines Day staple in our home.

CHOCOLATE FONDUE
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz chocolate chips (i use ghirardelli milk chocolate chips)
fruits and treats for dipping. marshmallows, pound cake, strawberries, etc

In a saucepan over medium low heat, warm the cream until steam starts to rise from the surface. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and stir until melted and smooth. Pour into a fondue pot. Stir the chocolate occasionally to keep it smooth.
                           
                                                     Cupcake Bar



 George sent Amanda Lily 7 red roses to school. The card said "You will always be my valentine. Love, Daddy" He never even mentioned to me that he was sending them to her. I ADORE that man!
 Of course, he didn't forget me either. These were delivered to the house.


                                        Eat til your hearts content!

No comments: