Monday, September 21, 2009

Homemade Applesauce

scroll to bottom of post for recipe














Fall is my favorite season of all, for many reasons. I love the sights and smells of Autumn, and the fresh vegetables and fruits it brings. Some of my all time favorite meals are made with different types of fall produce. Also, the colors of Fall are great, so it is lots of fun for me to break out the Fall decor at home.

In honor of today being the official first day of Autumn, I've decided to make a special treat for each of my kids classes. I went down to the produce store and bought 4 8lb bags of apples. I plan to make Homemade Applesauce for Amanda Lily's class and Caramel Apples for Steven's. Kids of all ages love applesauce, and this is a super easy recipe, so I thought I'd share.

Homemade Apple Sauce:

6 Apples, Peeled, Cored, and Sliced

Place prepared apples in steamer basket, and steam on high heat for 7 mins.

Put steamed apples in food processor and process until desired consistency. If you need to make it thinner, add the water from steamer pot, but do so slowly, so it doesn't become runny.

If you like, add a little cinnamon to your applesauce to spice it up a bit.

The apple sauce will keep well in the fridge for 3 days. You can freeze any extra you may have.

How easy is that??????





























No comments: