Sunday, December 9, 2012

Easiest Cookie Recipe

Gearing up for this years cookie bake, I was inspired to try a new cookie recipe I saw online.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE
Package sugar cookie dough, room temp
Package chocolate chip cookie dough, room temp
24 large peanut butter cups
*I use Immaculate Baking Company Dough

Wrap one side of peanut butter cup with sugar cookie dough, and the other side with chocolate chip cookie dough. Place in cupcake lined pan, and bake in oven at 350 for 13-15 minutes.

I made these on a cookie sheet and they spread out into huge thin cookies, so I'll be using the cupcake pan next time around.




My side of the family's annual Christmas cookie bake has been held at my house for the past few years. This year was particularly special to me because I had my Mom and her 3 sisters all here. These women mean so much to me, and each have poured joy into my life on many occasions over my 36 years. This evening was no different. We ended up with sooooooo many cookies. Everyone took some home, and we still had dozens to share with our restaurant employees. My Aunt Sister even left me with 5 bricks of her homemade sugar cookie dough to freeze, and make at another time. After all the young families left, my aunts, mom, and I sat around my kitchen table drinking coffee, and just catching up.










These ladies make me smile.


No comments: