Thursday, September 23, 2010

Harvest Moon











Happy Fall everyone! Today is the first official calendar day of Autumn....day of the Harvest Moon. Oh, how I love this season! For my mantel, I wanted to put a pumpkin on a pedestal. I roamed around Jo Ann's looking for the perfect one, when I came across this paper mac he' pumpkin. He was the perfect size and shape. I found some glitter paint, came home to my artsy girl, and set her loose. She painted the pumpkin perfectly, being patient and giving him several coats. After a few days, he was done, and what a gorgeous gourd he is! I LOVE him. He sits on the mantel looking sooooo bling, and Amanda Lily is so proud of her job well done. Mr pumpkin will be a keepsake that I treasure for years to come. Oh, and he was much less expensive than the others I had my eye on. (: