Monday, December 27, 2010

Amanda Lily Piano Recital


Amanda Lily has been taking piano lessons once a week since September. She is enjoying herself fully, but was a bit hesitant when her instructor asked her to work on a piece for a Christmas recital. She chose "Jingle Bells" and practiced for 3 weeks before the big night. I bribed her a bit by telling her she could choose a new dress if she went through with it, and that was exciting to her because I rarely give her the reigns when it comes to her clothes. The night of the recital, she was super excited because Uncle Dan and Aunt Jessica came to see her perform. She played all of 45 seconds, but my heart felt like it would burst out of my chest as she did. I was nervous for her to hit a wrong note amongst the silence, but mostly I was PROUD. It's funny how something so simple can make a parent so happy. (:She played the song flawlessly. I didn't get any photos of her at the piano because I didn't want to mess her up with the flash, but here is one I shot of her waiting her turn.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Cyndi, I bet you are so proud of that pretty little girl! I can't imagine the worry I would feel if Jos was up there playing! By the way, her dress is lovely :)