Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sparkie Awana Program













































Today was the Awana program at church. Amanda Lily's Sparkie troop practiced for months to present the church with a nice program. Oh, and I'm in the apron with bad hair because a few of the moms got together and made baked spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread to serve. The idea for the dinner show was that everyone who attended would donate a few bucks that our club will be sending to our sister club in Mexico. I'm not sure how much we raised, but I saw a couple $20's in the basket, and that made me happy. However, what made me the happiest (and very proud) was that my 6 year old had the courage to get up in front of everyone and play "Jesus Loves Me" on the piano as the closing "act" of the show. There were probably 150 people in the room, and she didn't think twice about it. She had practiced the song to death, so I guess that's why she had so much confidence. She sat down at the piano and started playing so quickly that I didn't get my camera turned on in time, but what I did get is sweet. Here's the short video clip for you family members in Greece......Enjoy!!!!

PS...Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of my blog and pause the music, otherwise, you won't be able to hear her playing. Also, the button on the right makes it full screen, the one on the left is PLAY.

No comments: