Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Flowers for Nana




































































Amanda Lily and I stopped to pick flowers for Nana on Sunday after church. We were on our way to her house for a visit when I noticed all the wildflowers (flocks) growing on the side of the road. I was instantly taken back to my childhood. These flowers used to grow in the fields around Mom and Dads, and I used to pick huge bunches for Mom every Spring. It made me sad to think that in a few years these gorgeous little flowers will probably cease to exist. All the construction and building going on in Wildwood will most likely do them in. It seems every time I drive over to Mom and Dads there are new houses and businesses on every corner. Wildwood is far from the little town I grew up in. I don't like it, but that's another post. This post is about the joy it brought my Mom to see my little girl run up to her with a big bunch of wildflowers. And, the joy it brought me to watch her pick them. Driving down the road to Mom's the flowers caught my eye, and the thought of missing the opportunity hit me. What if the flowers aren't here next year? What if Mom and Dad move and she isn't around next year to receive them? I'm so happy that I decided to stop and let Amanda Lily pick them.
I guess my encouragement is that if you are debating on doing something kind for someone, just do it. Don't put it off. You will be glad you did, and so will they. Don't the pictures prove my point?


No comments: