Friday, June 10, 2011

Lists of Summer Projects

So, I've made myself a list about a mile long of things I'd like to get done this summer. Craft projects, new recipes, lemonade stands, kids craft projects, etc. I've even cleaned of my cork board in my craft room to make space for ideas that catch my eye. I plan to tack them up there as my "inspiration board", then not take them down til they've each been done. I'll keep you all posted on how that strategy works out for me. (;
In the mean time, here's one project I've been putting off for some time. Repainting the bookshelf hubs constructed in our living room. It is showing almost 5 years of wear. They are a basic white, but the sun streaming through the over sized sliding glass doors gave them streaks of yellow. Also, they are just plain dirt-ay (dirty) Here are the before and after photos. It took about 3 hours from start to finish. I painted them the same shade of white, but it made a big difference. Anyone else gonna break out some paint this summer?


No comments: