Thursday, December 10, 2009

Giving Thanks
















We held Thanksgiving Dinner at our house this year. My sister in law, Heather, and I rotate hosting each year, and this year was my turn. I was so excited doing all the preparation... finding the perfect recipes, setting a great table scape. All who know me, know I love to cook and serve food. There is something creative in the process that I find very gratifying. I was particularly happy when my Father in Law, Stavros, told me how impressed he was with the turkey. He did the honors of carving, and commented on how moist and delicious it was. Coming from him.....that was huge to me! I brined the bird for 24 hours before roasting it in the oven. Williams-Sonoma was a great resource for Turkey how to, and I followed their advice to the "t". I also made a pecan pumpkin trifle that was yummy. Heather made the most beautiful tart I have ever seen in person. It's the one in the photo. It was all just delicious.
My very favorite moment this year was when Steven read his book "My Thanksgiving Prayer", and Amanda Lily read a book she made at school. It was so precious to hear them giving thanks for all they are blessed with. My heart swelled with pride to watch them and hear all they had to say. We had both the Kountanis and Green sides of the family, so I couldn't have been happier. My home was filled with love.





2 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like a great holiday! I'd like the recipe for that pecan pumpkin trifle!

Jeanne said...

Did Steven write his book? I'd love to hear it.... I don't have that cooking thing in me. I know that makes me quite the abnormal woman, but it's just not there. I do admire your giftings though!