Thursday, January 13, 2011

Guest Room Re Do
















Well, our 2011 resolutions begin in our guest room. We need to replace the carpet, paint the
walls, and I have a couple little decorative tricks up my sleeve for the closet doors. Just have a peek at this awful "builders grade" carpeting! Wowzers...
Now, it would have been very easy to just lay the hardwood floors, but keeping my resolution in mind, I figure I might as well go ahead and fully complete the room. It's a lot like my cleaning around the house routine....I clean one room FULLY at a time. No moving on to the next room, until the current room is complete. I'm crazy like that, but it works for me.


Anyhow, Hubs has really been helpful. I didn't even touch a paint brush. I just came home from church and the walls were D-O-N-E! Hallelujah! And, I love the color! My design inspiration is tranquil chic. I want the end result to be a place our guest can find restfulness and calm.


The hardwood floors are being installed next week. I am thrilled about that not only because they will be gorgeous, but also because it gets the boxes of hardwood out of my craft room corner. Those very boxes of wood have been in my craft room corner for over 2 years!


These are the pics of progress so far. Hopefully they can help keep the resolutions alive. I know I'm not alone, as the organization isle at Target was slammed with women yesterday. I smiled to myself knowing that I'm not the only nester out there.

No comments: