Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Birthday weekend

This year for my birthday, we celebrated in a different way. My Dad's charity, Care4Kids was hosting an event over near our home. When he called to ask if our family would be interested in volunteering our time and help, at first I declined because it was on my birthday. After more consideration, I thought it would be a wonderful thing for all 4 of us to do on my birthday, even if it meant us getting up at 6:00 am on a Saturday. I called Dad back, and told him of my epiphany. It felt really good to do for others on a day that was supposed to be a celebration of me. I often tell my children that the greatest gift is one of service, not any material thing, and that you should leave this world having given more than you take. It blessed my heart to watch my husband and children giving and serving others. What better way to celebrate?







My sweet husband brought me these beautiful flowers. I love peonies. They are so lovely. 


Later that evening we went out for dinner and dancing with our closest friends. The girls in our circle all have birthdays within weeks of each other, and we had a ton of fun celebrating each other.

These pictures are of my birthday gift from Hubby this year. An outdoor fireplace!




No comments: