Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ok, so just so you guys know. My kids do eat junk food and sugar, as well as pizza and fettuccine alfredo with shrimp! On occasion, we even stop thru a fast food joint, but to get through it, I have to tell myself that I can't deprive my kids of childhood fun when we do.


It is because I LOVE to cook that it is so easy for me to spend time and energy doing it. There is something creative in it that gives me a thrill. Somehow cooking to me is not a chore. I even enjoy going to search out in season fruits and veggies at the farmers market that is held every Thursday literally within walking distance of the restaurant. I actually show up early to prep at the restaurant so that I have time to go over there and check things out.


I do use sugar, flour, pasta, and rice products. Most of the time they are whole wheat brands. I even make pancakes with whole wheat flour. The kids wolf them up like they are going out of style.


There are currently alot of "convenience foods" on the market that we use as well. My favorite distributor of these types of foods is Kashi. They have great cereal bars, instant oatmeal, frozen waffles, etc.

After reading my previous post, I thought you all might get the idea that I am a "drill Sargent" of food. So, I wanted to make sure you all know that I don't deprive the kids of sugar, it is just in moderation......and always the real thing. (:

1 comment:

Trish Buffkin said...

That's good advice. It is not always the convenient thing to do but it sure does taste better.