Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Arrives from Greece

Some of our family members arrived from Greece, and we are all so excited that they are here. The kids are itching to show them our "stomping grounds" since every time we go to Greece, the cousins share their farms and beaches and fun spots with us. They actually came to be here when Panagiotis and Jessica welcome their new baby. His mom Heidi wouldn't miss the arrival of her first grand child, so she and her two youngest girls, Maria and Christianna came along with her oldest daughter and son in law. Needless to say, we are all so thrilled that they are here!

I took the two girls with me to pick up Steven and Amanda Lily from school. I was so happy to see how they all hugged and loved on each other after not seeing one another for 1 1/2 years. They all picked up right where they left off and you'd never know they hadn't seen each other for so long.

Once we got home, it was clear. Amanda Lily and Maria were attached at the hip and Christianna and Steven were best pals. Heidi called it, because she told me that her youngest is a tom boy, and would probably take more to Steven. I love the pictures of the two of them on the ship. I love how Steven is helping her not fall. I love that I found Maria and Amanda Lily in her bedroom being girls. I love the big smile on Sophie's face as she stands there with her cousins. I love the way my heart fell into my stomach when they all came into the front door of the restaurant, and I cried happy tears to see them. I love to see the happiness in my husband as he revels in the bustle and sound of everyone being in our home. I love the way it felt like Paraskevi and George never left. I love the way our family loves.






No comments: