Sunday, May 6, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation week. I'm sure you know an extraordinary teacher, so thank them. My kids have both been blessed by already having so many wonderful teachers in their Elementary school years. In my opinion, teaching is one of the most under appreciated (and under paid) of professions. For the good ones, I've found a common thread......it's a calling. They do it because they love the children. I know I don't have it in me to do the job, and I admire those who do. Many of my friends are teachers, so if you are reading this post, I think you are F-A-B!!

At our school, we do a little something special each day for our teachers this week. Day 1 is bringing in a homemade card. Here are the Kountanis kids creations:

Steven, who is not generally very creative, really surprised me. He put a lot of time and effort into his card for Mrs Roberts.


Amanda Lily was true to form, and had this card mostly complete by the time I came back to check on her. The "you make me grow" was her idea. I thought that was sweet.


"A TEACHER AFFECTS ETERNITY: SHE CAN NEVER TELL WHERE HER INFLUENCE STOPS."-Henry Brooks Adams

Thank a teacher today!





No comments: