Monday, May 24, 2010

Pray for Peace

Hello all. I really struggled with if I should post this, but I've decided that because I believe in the power of prayer, I would.
I am freaking out! Steven is having his tonsils and adenoids removed tomorrow. He has been sick with Strep over 9 times this year alone, and has missed more days of school over being sick with whatever bug is going around at any given moment. He is always hacking and coughing, and our Pediatrician recommended we take his tonsils. I am NOT one to make this decision litely, because it pains me to even crack open a bottle of dye free tylenol to give my kids, much less send them into surgery to remove a body part. So, we traveled to Orlando for a second opinion. We have the best of the best doing the procedure. She is a Harvard educated MD who specializes in Children's ENT at Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital. I have prayed about it, and educated myself about the procedure, and all the after care stuff. I am at peace with the decision, but not with the process. The surgery is tomorrow morning at 9:45 am. Honestly, I am scared to death of the idea of him being intabated (having a tube down his throat to breathe for him), and put under anesthesia. This is a routine procedure, and it is done everyday by ENT's across the country, but somehow, I am still freaking out today. Crazy thoughts are crossing my mind. I am not one to be cool as a cucumber, ever, so I guess I should have known that as time grows closer, I would get this way. Maybe it is just the Mom in me. I keep trying to remind myself that he will have a much better quality of life after the "diseased tonsils" are removed. Please just say a prayer for Steven. Pray that God will send angels to guard him. Ask God to help me not to worry. I need to be calm, and not rub off on Steven. I'll catch up with you all in a couple of days to let you know how things are going. I'll be doing lots of blogging I'm sure, as he will be out of school for 7-10 days for recovery. Thanks in advance for your prayers. I just need to pull it together!

No comments: