Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School 2010
















The first day of school went off without a hitch. Well...Steven did come home with a headache and have to get straight into the shower. I think he just internalizes things, and anxiety turns into headaches. He is fine now. He was excited to see lots of his friends. He also loves the fact that Mrs Raley doesn't use cards (green, yellow, red). She has rules, and she expects them to be followed, without pulling cards. I think that is great for 3rd grade. Also, Steven did not want me to walk him to class....he's too old for Mom to tag along. Sniff Sniff.
Amanda Lily already has an established relationship with Mrs Keyes, so her day was smooth sailing. When I asked her what her favorite part of the day was, she said "SCHOOL!!!!!" She is so happy to have her own desk, instead of tables. She and Kaylee sit next to each other.
Also, we had two special treats this morning. I made cat and puppy faces out of the kids pancakes. They were a hit, and they gobbled them up. Also, Yia Yia came early to see the children off to their first day of school. Then she, George, and I all went out for breakfast. It was a nice day. Very quiet in the house, but nice.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Perfect day for your kids! Josie said her favorite part of the day was lunch, which was my biggest fear for her :) But she DOES NOT like PE! It's just sooo hot Mommy were her words :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a darling blog you have... and precious children. My children were two grade levels apart too and I had a boy and girl. Motherhood is sooooo fabulous, isn't it!
With your blog you will have the most wonderul journal for you children and children's children of your lives. I wish blogs exsisted when my kiddos were small.
Keep blogging!!! I have been thrilled to visit you!

Blessings, Yvonne @ StoneGable