Monday, April 9, 2012

Laid back Easter fun

After Easter brunch, everyone headed out to the pool. The weather could not have been better, and I really enjoyed the laid back vibe. The "big" boys had trick competitions to see who could make the highest splash, and who could tip over a cup that was placed on the side of the pool. They also had a blast teaching Tre' and Steven how to do forward and back flips into the water. Dad quietly observed from the lanai, and Heather and I were trying to enjoy soaking up some rays when my sweet hubby and cousin Jimmy decided we both needed to cool off. Needless to say, we all four took a dip. Heather and I ended up being drowned rats, while Steven came to our defense trying to fight off the perps. Funniest part was that Heather came up from the depths, not trying to catch her breath, but checking out both hands to be sure her nails were still in tact. One tip did get broken, but she was a good sport about it. All in good Kountanis fun. I'm sure she went straight to the manicurist first thing this morning and had it fixed.
I really enjoyed myself this day, and I think everyone else did too. I loved looking around and seeing the faces of people we love. And, I think Yia Yia may have relaxed for the first time in a LONG time. That makes me happy. Next up.....Greek Easter next weekend!










No comments: